Sir Hardy Amies

HQ Address
The House 14 Savile Row London W1S 3JN UK
+44 020 7734 2436
Sir Hardy Amies

Social Media of "Sir Hardy Amies"


Founded by Sir Hardy Amies

Belongs to Sir Hardy Amies

Sir Hardy Amies Opens his first boutique at 14 Savile Row, London in 1946.

As well as creating couture dresses, Amies had been creating a ready-to-wear line since 1950.

In 1953 he launched the “new look”.

In 1960 Sir Hardy Amies moved into the accessories market.

He launched mass market menswear via sized collection with Hepworths in 1961. The same year he held his first mens fashion show in the UK at the Savor Hotel.

1974 Hardy Amies appointed Ken Fleetwood, as Design director.

In 1992 he licensed sales peak in excess of $ 400 Million worldwide.

In 2000 Hardy sold his house to the Luxury Brands Group who installed a high-powered team who started revamping the house of Hardy Amies, under the creative directorship of Paolo Gabrielli.

The new womenswear collection was to be designed by Amanda Wakeley's former assistant Huguette Hubbard. Menswear was in the hands of Mathew Wood. The very experienced Jacques Azagury was to continue designing couture at the Savile Row headquarters.

In addition a new London store was planned. However after about six months, disagreements appeared and the team left.

In 2006 a Hardy Amies London diffusion menswear collection was launched.