Belongs to Daniel Tribouillard, Jacques Leonard Group
Leonard was founded in 1958. Two years later, Daniel Tribouillard, Chif Executive Director, at that time, invented a new printing technique for pullovers named Fully-Fashion. Leonard took out a patent for this technique which allows to knit with a continuous print.
In 1968, Leonard showed its first collection of printed silk jersey garments. The future of Leonard was therefore established, thanks to this invention that became the foundation of the house.
In 1969, Leonard launched its first fragrance named Fashion de Leonard. The following year Leonard opened its flagship store.
In the seventies, Leonard is diversifying its activities and creats a new range of scarves ties and porcelain. These new lines are all using Leonard’s floral print concept.
In the 90’s, the distribution of the Leonard brand is under control by the opening the exclusives boutiques.
In 1992, the first collection “Leonard pour Homme” is shown to the public. Opening of a new Boutique in Paris, 36 avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie.